Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wish I was there........

Mardi gras.............

A celebration..........



The last day before Lent (Fat Tuesday)......
A feasting before fasting.............




Held in New Orleans, LA.........






Parades...........






Lots of fun.............






Costumes...............






And BEADS, lots of BEADS...........






Here is my meager collection of such beads................



A Close up of the beads............

I wish I had more and yes, ~~
I wish I was there!
Here's to Mardi gras..........
'Til next time, Love ya, Jean

2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi,

I've dreamed of going to New Orleans and getting some beads. Maybe someday I'll get there.

Glad you liked my Queen Mary Post.

Don't you think New Orleans would be a great place to go ghost hunting! LOL

I know what you mean about not wanting any evil spirits coming around. I always said if I ever walked into a house that said "Get Out!" or had blood coming out of the walls I would run so fast. I don't know if it ever really happens like on some of those movies though. LOL

Hugs,
Joanne

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Sha, I'm testing to see if I can leave a comment. We'll see if it works for me.