Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Garden Nerd........

That's me.............Especially at this time of year. It is said that "You may be a garden nerd if you ever took pictures of your garden in the dark." That's what I did last night. It was about 8:20 PM here and pretty close to dark. I needed some pictures of the latest flowers that were bloomin' yesterday. So I grabbed my camera and away I went. They actually came out better than I thought! So here's what I saw ~~
Rhododendrons are still going strong..........
This is a small one in front of a bigger one. I buried one of the branches and this little one rooted and grew from the branch. I was supposed to dig it up and plant it elsewhere, but I have decided to leave it. I like it where it is. Kinda' like Momma and Baby.....
(click on pictures to enlarge)

Dianthus..........
Peony closed up for the night......


Knockout Rose..........



Strawberries are comin' along.........





Wild daisies............. (I just love them and let them go freely in my garden)





Japanese Iris.......




Veronica........................







My Gardening Angel and Creeping Thyme in bloom..........


So, this is what a Garden Nerd thinks, lives and dreams about.
Can you think of anything more beautiful?
'Til next time, Love ya, Jean







3 comments:

joyh82 said...

I'm a garden nerd too...lol
I love your garden angel. Our Peony bushes have not opened up yet. Hope the ants don't attack them like last year :(

just a little bit shabby said...

Beautiful! I went out and took some pictures tonight, too. My pictures didn't turn out as good as yours but I like to look at every bloom! I guess I'm a garden nerd, too.
Sandy

Barb said...

I soooo enjoyed "visiting" your flower garden. Thanks for sharing.
Barb