Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cars and Quilts............

Phew! I've had a busy time the last few days!
First, my grandson's birthday was 2 days after Christmas and we hadn't celebrated it yet! Poor kid, his birthday is always put off 'til later! Let me say that they celebrate within their immediate family, but not with all of us. So, we did the birthday party last night and it was really fun! He just got his driver's license about a month ago. So, naturally, he is saving money to buy his first car. So, I made him a "Cars" cake, got him the movie "Cars", a model kit of a '68 Mustang and some money for his bank account. He liked it all, in spite of being 17!



Then, I got a message from the sewing store that we needed 8 quilts to meet our quota of 500 quilts for this year! We just started this project in June, so it really was only 6 months. I had 2 kits to sew and I made one little baby quilt from my own materials.
I called the store to let them know I would bring 3 baby quilts to the store on Saturday. So, I was sewing up quilts like crazy! I still didn't know if 3 would be enough. Then, when I got there on Saturday, I found out that we indeed, did have 501 quilts!
Yay, us! We did it! This made me very happy! Here are the three that I made.....






Now it's time to reset the counter for this year!
Have you entered my 200th post giveaway yet? You can do that HERE.
'Til next time, Love ya, Jean


1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

Oh I just love the cake. That takes so long to do, all those little stars, yikes. Sam will be 21 Feb 13th so I am looking at cakes to make. I think I am going to do a heart with candy clay hearts around the edge and just put 21 on it. Not sure yet. Those quilts as usual are fantastic. So darling. Off to reheat the soup for supper, Love leftovers, lol....