Thursday, January 26, 2012

A nice surprise...

This is an "Apple Blossom"  Amaryllis...

This was a surprise blossom because I was very afraid that I had killed my bulbs. 
 I left the pot that they were in outside very late into the fall this year.  We had several frosts while the pot was out there, bad me...

When I did bring it in, it sat there for a while and all of a sudden it started sending up new leaves.  All the previous ones had died off.

So then, I left it go and the leaves got pretty long. 
All of a sudden a flower bud starts coming up....

I am delighted!

And so relieved that they are all still alive,
after all!

~~ See my post below about the free photo editing sites and a link to the information on that.~~
'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

6 comments:

Robin said...

It's lovely! I'm hoping mine will burst into flower too....but only have leaves at the moment.

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

Beautiful, Jean! It gives us a little hope that Spring will be here soon, when seeing such a pretty flower.
Best,
Gloria

Maple Lane said...

Such a sweet and delicate flower! Hope you have a nice weekend, Jean.

Lady Jane said...

So pretty!!! I am glad you kept it around, lol... I probably would have thrown it out... Hugs. LJ

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Ladies...this is one of my favorite flowers, it is so big and beautiful! I had to share!

Jean Tuthill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.