Thursday, January 26, 2012

A nice surprise...

This is an "Apple Blossom"  Amaryllis...

This was a surprise blossom because I was very afraid that I had killed my bulbs. 
 I left the pot that they were in outside very late into the fall this year.  We had several frosts while the pot was out there, bad me...

When I did bring it in, it sat there for a while and all of a sudden it started sending up new leaves.  All the previous ones had died off.

So then, I left it go and the leaves got pretty long. 
All of a sudden a flower bud starts coming up....

I am delighted!

And so relieved that they are all still alive,
after all!

~~ See my post below about the free photo editing sites and a link to the information on that.~~
'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

6 comments:

Robin said...

It's lovely! I'm hoping mine will burst into flower too....but only have leaves at the moment.

Gloria said...

Beautiful, Jean! It gives us a little hope that Spring will be here soon, when seeing such a pretty flower.
Best,
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet and delicate flower! Hope you have a nice weekend, Jean.

Lady Jane said...

So pretty!!! I am glad you kept it around, lol... I probably would have thrown it out... Hugs. LJ

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Ladies...this is one of my favorite flowers, it is so big and beautiful! I had to share!

Jean Tuthill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.