Sunday, January 22, 2012

Playin'...

I have heard of Picnik (picnik.com) being mentioned
many times here
on lots of blogs. 
I decided to try it today...
This is the result.
I have to say it's easy to use and I can take the pictures from here on my computer and not have to send them to a photo storage site.  I like that...
Unfortunately, Picnik will end on April 19 and will go to Google +.
I will deal with that later, for now I'll enjoy this!  Lol
Give it a try...

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean
Added to this post:  Gloria from the little red house with the white porch found this info for me...She found that Susan from Between naps on the porch did some research and found lots of alternatives.  You can find those hereThank you both for the info and I hope this will be useful to others.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely mosaic.

Enjoy this Sunday afternoon.

Gloria said...

Wow, great job, Jean!!!! And you are better than me: I have never tried Picnik! Geez, now I guess I should rush over there before April 19 to at least try it! LOL! Thanks for sharing this info so I can maybe log on to give it a go before April. :)
Best,
Gloria

Lady Jane said...

Hey girl thanks for the info. I hadnt heard of it but will check it out. Love ya. LJ

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Jean~ It's always nice stopping by for a visit.
I enjoy your posts and the eye candy you so generously share. I've been dabbling in creating collages too. If you're looking for a free program...Photoscape has great editing options and creating mosaics is one of them. I've used it for years.

I hope you can stop by to see the Valentine surprises I've got in store. This week starting with...Pain au Chocolat. I'll put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Sara, I will try Photoscape, too, sounds interesting...

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks for your sweet comments: to Maple Lane, Gloria and Lady Jane, you are included in my last comment, too.

Gloria said...

Jean! I'm back because Susan at Between Naps on the Porch has done a couple of posts this week about there no longer being Picnik (and giving alternatives). I thought you might be interested in going over to her blog to see!
Best,
Gloria xxoo

Stella said...

Looks like you had fun and the results are great. Too bad they are removing Picnik.

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks, Gloria, I'm going right over there to check it out!

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks Stella, It was fun making the mosaic. I found some other sites to do the same thing.

A Romantic Porch said...

I am really glad to know there are alternatives. xo rachel