Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lots of Baby Quilts...

 I have been sewing like a mad woman in the last 5 days!  I finally broke down and bought a "walking foot" for quilting on my sewing machine.  It allows you to do machine quilting without any slippage between  the two fabrics and the batting.  You get a nice flat quilt with no puckers or bunches at the ends of the rows of quilting.  This thing is worth every penny that I paid for it and I wish I had done it sooner!
Teddy Bears

Dogs and Lady Bugs

Citrus Colors--(need sunglasses for this one)

Kitty--I did an outline stitch around it,
so it stands out...

These blocks were already sewn ~~
I did the sashing, the backing and the binding...
This is called a sampler quilt,
 because all the blocks are different.

This backing is cute~~Teddy Bears with balloons...

This was fabric from my own stash...

I love doing these baby quilts...
they are all about 24" square and they don't take much time to make.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to this past week.  I'm trying to stay off the computer, and to be more productive.  I have my blog, Facebook, and now Pinterest to eat up my time, and I need a way to be able to use them all and still be productive.  And then there's my minis, too!  Good thing I'm retired, (and loving it).  I wouldn't have time to work these days!!

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be hard for me to choose a favorite, Jean. Enjoy the weekend!

Ascension said...

Que trabajadora has estado y ademas todos te han quedado fantasticos, eres una artista con la tela.
besitos ascension

Lady Jane said...

Oh boy, does this mean I should go buy a walking foot??? That is my prob with puckering also. Does it go around curves easy? The quilts are beautiful... You have been busy.... Love ya LJ

Sweet Old Vintage said...

thanks for stopping by and leaving kind words..Hope we see spring soon. today is fairy yuck but not awful. We have Ben so lucky.

Cathy said...

Your quilts are waaaay cute, Jean. Amost gives me the bug to try some!! Hugs, Cathy

FabShabbyRoses said...

Your baby quilts are beautiful! My youngest daughter will be delivering a baby boy early July! Seeing these inspires me to get a move on to make her one!