Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Montage of sweetness...







I have been on a kick of making jam, 
 jelly, and syrups in the last few weeks...
(when I'm not able to work in the garden)
Mint Syrup...

Love this look...

Violet Syrup...

Strawberry Jam...

Violet Jelly...

I'm trying to make use of some of the stuff
that is growing around here.
All except the strawberry jam,
I used frozen strawberries for that.
I also used raw sugar which made it very dark red,
 instead of a strawberry color.  It tastes pretty good.  The raw sugar adds a nice brown sugar flavor to it.

I planted trays of seeds about five weeks ago.  Everything is thriving!  I can't wait to get the plants in the ground.  It is raining today,  58 degrees, and the soil is very wet.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be 90 degrees!  Talk about temperature swings!  I think Mother Nature is going through menopause!  Temperamental is what I call it!

So,  I'm hoping for some "normal" weather someday soon,
so I can get out there and get my hands dirty!
I have lots of flowers blooming now,
and lots of weeds to take care of,  too.
And plants to plant...

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so smart! These jams, syrups etc. are so pretty. I know they taste great too. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Lady Jane said...

Oh yum, I cant wait to try some. love ya lj