Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Lavender cookies...



I've been wanting to try these Lavender Cookies 
for a long,  long time...



The perfect accompaniment is a cup of tea...


I picked this teapot up at a thrift store many years ago...



 It is English china... I love it so...



 I like to use my "Tea Rose" 
Pfaltzgraff to serve on...


So here are my cookies...

I was not disappointed...

They are so good!

You can see the little pieces
of lavender flowers in the cookies...

I have two small lavender plants...
I planted this one last year...

This is a different variety...
I planted this one this year...
It seems more robust than the older one.
I've read that if you cut it way back in the Spring,
 it'll flower more freely.
 I will try that next Spring.

So,  here is the recipe for the Lavender Cookies...

5/8 Cup butter
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon Lavender flowers,  chopped
1 1/2 Cup All purpose Flour

1/4 Cup sugar,  for sprinkling on top of cookies

350 degree oven 15 minutes or so

Beat butter,  1/2 cup of sugar 'til creamy.  Add egg.  Mix 'til fluffy.  Add Lavender flowers and flour.   Mix 'til incorporated.  Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Bake 'til lightly brown.  Enjoy!

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean  



4 comments:

Createology said...

Could your recipe be 5/8 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar? I had lavender lemonade and lavender cookies at a lavender farm one year and both were delicious and refreshing. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Lavender Bliss...<3

Jean Tuthill said...

Thank you for pointing that mistake out! The recipe makes a lot more sense now! Lol I hope you will try this recipe at some point, the cookies are delish!

Lady Jane said...

Oh boy do these sound good!!! Alas, I replaced my lavender with geranium last year. My lavender had been in the same spot for years and didn't come up last year. Whoa is me!!! Will have to find another spot for lavender next spring. Never used it in cooking but these cookies sound amazing. Love ya, LJ

UplayOnline said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe. Lavender Bliss...<3


ทางบ้าน