Tuesday, April 24, 2018

My Pond and some flowers...


I finally have some flowers to enjoy...
This is Pieris Japonica...



A close up of the flowers....
So pretty...

And some daffodils...
I don't know the name of these...
They just happen to be one of my favorites...



A closeup view...


I have other small bulb flowers around the garden,  too...


And this is my pond...
All my goldfish perished this winter.  I had a pump in there,  but it must have frozen up.  The top of the pond froze over and the fish suffocated.  I am so sad about losing my fish but I decided it was time to do a good cleaning.  I had some Louisiana Water Iris in there that had taken over.  Half of the pond was full of them.  The roots were just a carpet under the plants and it was so thick!  There is a picture below of how they looked.

This is how it looks now.  A little more dusting and cleaning and we will be ready to fill it up again and start over.  I need to also work on the stream that goes into the pond.  It is a little overgrown,  too!


 This is a flower pot,  no holes in it yet,  with all the snails I found in the pond after it was drained.  I was amazed that there were so many still alive!


So,  sometimes things work out for the best.  Although I will miss my Goldies,  it is a chance to start over and give some others a new chance at life...  They certainly seem to enjoy living in a large pond environment and all my neighbors love them.  My pond is the neighborhood gathering place.  I enjoy it a whole lot,  too.
It is a lot of work,  but to me,  it is well worth it!

I will post some more pictures when it is up and running again.

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean you have a beautiful garden and how lovely that your pond is a happy meeting place,i look forward to seeing your pond finished,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Sorry, Jean, that you lost your fish. I have never had any but do love watching them whenever I can. It must be such fun to see everyone gathering around your pond. A water feature is always such a pretty sight in any garden..Have a Happy Wednesday..Judy

Lady Jane said...

I know how hard you work on your gardens and that pond. I love to visit you and the gardens and that pond is like frosting on the cake. It is so enjoyable to see. Hope to see it soon. Love ya. LJ