Monday, April 30, 2018

Seed Starting...

It is rainy outside,
 so I am inside today.

I thought I'd show you some 
of my indoor gardening stuff.

I have lots of seedlings in the tray 
with the clear cover on it.
Also, some plants that will be living outside 
when the weather warms up.



Below are my containers that I save my 
eggshells and used coffee grounds in.
These will go into the compost bin 
or sprinkled throughout the garden. 
The used coffee grounds are good sprinkled 
around my blueberry bushes.  
They love the acidity of the grounds.

They also say that the eggshells 
will deter slugs around the hostas,  
that they won't crawl over the shells-- 
too sharp on their bellies!



Here are a few of the other plants on the shelves
 that I have in my workroom.



Below is a pineapple top that I just started rooting.  
The roots are about an inch long now.  
I will put it outside once it warms up out there.


So,  even though I can't be outside today, 
 I can still amuse myself with my indoor plants!  Lol

Oh,  and I am also watching my gardening tapes that I 
recorded in 2000 and 2001.
They are of  "A Gardener's Diary" 
with Erica Glasener.  
I wish that she still had this program.  
She was the best hostess of all the 
gardening shows 
that were on HGTV at that time. 
 I just love my tapes 
and I hope they last for a long time.

How do you amuse yourself when it's a rainy day?


'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are having fun...love seeing everything. I always loved Erica Glasener too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean what fun you are having with gardening indoors ,enjoy watching your gardening tapes my friend xx