Friday, May 11, 2018

My Mermaid Garden...

I decided to make a Little Mermaid garden.
At first I didn't know where to put it.
I wanted it to be close,  so I could see it often.  
It ended up in the back yard.
I built it on this old rotted tree stump.
I like how it has the different levels.  
All the green stuff is called Stringy Stonecrop,
or Sedum Sarmentosum.
This is a pass along plant given to me 
by a neighbor when I first moved here 48 yrs ago.
(Just had my anniversary yesterday!)


I have collected a lot of seashells over the years.


I made use of some coupons at my local craft store 
and got some cute things for the garden, see crab above.


 This is the Little Mermaid...




 I put in a few plants...



 I had the sea snail...



The turtle is new...



Pretty rocks and shells...


I had the buoy,  just had to put a new handle on it.
And I just had to plant some Sea Thrift in there somewhere...



A friend gave me the glass float many years ago. 
The piling is really an old piece of fence post...



I used contractor shims for the little bit of 
fencing to hold the soil in.



The netting that is behind the snail 
is the bag that the rocks came in...



The basket of gold is from last Halloween 
and was a pirate's treasure back then...

I had a broken bottle and saved the bottom.
I knew it would come in handy 
somewhere,  some day...

So that is my Little Mermaid garden.  
I hope you like it!
It was fun to put it all together!

'Til next time,  
Love ya,  Jean



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean what a pretty mermaid garden you have made,i love it well done my friend and how lovely to be able to view it all day long xx

Lady Jane said...

Isnt that lovely! I love it and different. Everyone has fairy gardens. love ya. lj