Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! The long awaited day is finally here and it was a very good day. I wanted to show some of my decorations at my home. The first is my fireplace mantle. I don't have a lot of vintage Valentines, but I have lots that I saved over the years and so I put them on display. I love how they look and I like taking them down and reading them. Some of the poems and sayings are so beautiful and touching, bringing back memories of my loved ones.


This is the other side of the mantle. I have added more stuff since I took these pics. "One can never have too much stuff", is my motto. I should make a sign with that saying on it........



I found this little suitcase at a thrift store a few weeks ago. It is perfect for this and when I saw it, I knew exactly what I would do with it. I had planned on painting the outside, but haven't decided what to paint yet. I will do that when I decide. The inside is red satin, with side pockets and it is in very good condition. I love it!

I also found this little book and it goes perfectly with the whole theme.

This is a closeup of some of the things that I placed in it. Some Valentines, a jar of old buttons, a little paper heart box, a red silk rose, some lace, a doily, the "Love Sonnets" book, a Raggedy Ann doll, and a pair of vintage gloves.

No comments: