Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Great Find!

This is my night stand and I wanted you to see the lamp that I got for FREE! So, here's the story~~
A couple of years ago, I went to a little town near here where there are about five antique and collectible shops. I went through four of the shops, which took quite a few hours. I was going to the last one, and I came up to the front of the store. The owner of the shop was clearing out some stuff and had a "free" sign posted on the table. I Came, I Saw, and I Grabbed! I took it inside and asked if it was really free and she said it was. I couldn't believe it, it was exactly what I was looking for! I love it and I didn't even have to rewire it! I love it. I guess it was meant to be! By the way, I did give her $5.00 for it! 'Til next time, Love ya, Jean

7 comments:

The Vintage Housewife... said...

eeeekkkkkk! free! wow you are a great vintage shopper...wow...i wish i would have been with you lil'darlin'...wow sounds like a great place...glad you had fun out in my neck of the woods...disneyland...blessings cat

Lorri said...

Wow how wonderful. Such a great lamp. I have one similar that I need to have rewired. It belong to my granny. I need the shade and all. I have it packed away. you have inspired me to get it out. Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog! Love yours.
Lorri

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

How sweet! What a great way to get through winter!!!! That lamp is amazing! Free or not, it so neat!!

M ^..^

thestonerabbit said...

You were so sweet to give the lady $5 for the free lamp--it is worth so much more!! What a great find.

Bet you and your daughter are gearing up for long hours making candy for Valentine's Day!!

Hope you have a great week! Dana

Back Through Time said...

What a great lamp!! Fun find for you and you can't bet that price.
Have a great week,
Michelle

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

WOW! It's beautiful! It matches your English bowl perfectly. Did you ever find out why the owner was giving it away? I think it was a very nice gesture on your part to give a $5 donation.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Lady-in-the-Making said...

OMIGOSH! It's gorgeous!!!!!! Now, I'm jealous! LOL!