Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Pretty Vignette.....


This is the top of my dresser in my bedroom. I received the English bowl and pitcher from my wonderful sister-in-law a few years ago. She and her daughter went to England and while they were there, she bought several sets of the bowls & pitchers. She has many of them around her home. All antique and all beautiful. This set also has a toothbrush holder that matches. It is unusual to have all three pieces intact, the holder usually gets broken first. I was so honored to receive this gift and I cherish it.
I also have some vintage hats that I collect. These are two of them. The cowboy hat came to me one day when I was at a craft fair. It is a real hat that has some kind of hardener on it and then it was spray painted. So, it's not a hat that anyone would wear, but it's great for display. So here's the story of how I got it. ~~~I was there selling some of my painted wood pieces and at the end , when I was cleaning up, I went to put some trash in the big trash can that they had there, and lo and behold -- this beauty was on top of the can. I grabbed it instantly and it came home with me. I love it and it also has a permanent home here with me. The pink one was a thrift store find. I think it is so pretty and I could actually wear it, if I wanted too. I like the two hats together, mine and his with the roses in between~~~so romantic!
Come back tomorrow and see what else I have to show you.
'Till next time, Love ya, Jean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stop my blog to enter OWOH Giveaway! Chocolates! I am in Mass too!

Back Through Time said...

How sweet your vignette is!! I love the England pitcher and bowl. I just noticed that you tagged me, Wow thanks and I will have to do a post on that! Thank you again for thinking of me:-)
I hope you have a cozy weekend!
Michelle