Saturday, December 18, 2010

.............................More decor...................

I added some battery lights to the mantle and I really like the way they look............
I love my vintage pieces that are up there. I just got the noel angels. My neighbor of 40 years passed away about 3 weeks ago and there was a sale to dispose of her belongings. I was fortunate to purchase the little angels. Now I have a memento of her and will always be reminded of this sweet lady who shared our neighborhood and our lives. I miss her, but know that she is in a better place with the real angels in Heaven. May she rest in peace.

My fireplace and mantle. So cute..... No, the mushrooms are not done yet. But I have all my wrapping done, cookie dough in the fridge, and all the decorating is done. I feel that I have accomplished so much! A few more small gifts to get and now I'm just waiting for the big day! Relaxing and watching Hallmark Christmas movies. And crafting mushrooms! So much fun!
'Til next time, Love ya, Jean


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean, Your mantle is beautiful and I love the glow of the added lights. How precious that you were able to purchase your neighbor's angels; a great reminder of her friendship over the years and the angels in Heaven she celebrates with this Christmas.
Sounds like you are to a place where you can relax and enjoy the holiday.

Visits With Mary said...

The angels are beautiful ! ! I have visited your blog several times and always enjoy the visit.
Mary
www.visitswithmary.blogspot.com

Lady Jane said...

I love your mantle!!! I love the lites and the idea surrounding the angels. The fireplace wall is so festive looking.

Cinderella Moments said...

Love your decorating! I saw your red and white dining room pictures. It looks fabulous! I can't wait to see the mushrooms. But I know how tedious things get when they take too long to finish! Sending some courage your way!

XO,
Caroline

Betty said...

Hello Jean, Your mantel looks lovely. I am sorry about your neighbor, but nice that you were able to buy some things that belong to her for memories.

I hope You and Your Family a Very Merry Christmas.

Willow

Kim G. said...

The mantle is darling Jean!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your mantle!! Love those stockings.

Oh your mushrooms are cute too~