Tuesday, December 7, 2010

............................Sweet Memories..........

My corner table in the living room...... Clockwise starting at the bottom left corner.....

A little elf candle climber, one of my girls gave this to me for Christmas one year....
A Christmas star box given to me by my daughter about 20 years ago.....
On top of the box, a picture of Dusty, held by a vintage flower frog.....
A porcelain doll dressed for winter with her little wool coat and holding a little tree and wreath....
A very old photo (1947) of my sister and older brother and me.....
A white ceramic candle holder with candle and ribbon bow.....
A vintage centerpiece given to me by my MIL about 40 years ago.
Some filler pines and poinsettias in the background.....

This is a collection of some of my favorite things that I have had for many years. They bring back warm and wonderful memories of Christmas's past. I'm sure many of you have your favorite decorations that you love and I look forward to seeing some of yours.

'Til next time, Love ya, Jean

5 comments:

Erin | Bygone Living said...

What a lovely collection :)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Jean Sweetie...
A beautiful vignette, and a gorgeous share. I have wanted one of those vintage frogs for some time now. I keep hoping to come across one. Yours is so lovely. I love it holding a picture.

That star box is so special and to think you have had it all these years. I love it when we get a little piece of love, and we are able to make it last for so many years to come. When we take it out each time to decorate with it, we get back those wonderful feelings, that we felt the first time we received it. It is like getting it over and over as we bring out the memories each year for the holidays.

So beautiful sweet friend. I thank you for sharing with me this evening. Always such a joy to come to Romantic Country Home.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

LinWots said...

Looks nice :-)

Lady Jane said...

Re: your comment....LOL.... You will be disappointed in my tree. It is only 3 1/2 feet tall..... I am soooooo lazy to put up a big one. LJ

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hi Jean!
sweet vignette...love the photo of you with your brother and sis...merry christmas!
Rene