Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Baby Quilts





Somehow,  I managed to get these 6 baby quilts
 finished before Christmas...
What with the decorating,  shopping,  wrapping, 
 preparing a dinner for 15 people,  I was superwoman!

It probably won't happen again in my lifetime!  haha

So, about these little baby quilts... 
I bought a package of fat quarters at AC Moore.  
The patterns are all coordinated. 
 I didn't get around to making the quilts
 that I thought I would make 
and forgot about it. 
 Then,  I found the same package a second time,  
bought it and brought it home. 
 Put it in my storage container,  
found the first one and then 
saw that I had two of the same package!

So these are a result of my "mistake". 
I got 5 little quilts from those 2 packages.
I did have to buy some fabrics 
for the borders and the backing.  
I thought they came out pretty cute!








For this one ,  I used all scraps that I had.  
It was my first time doing needle turn applique.  
I ended giving this one to my Great Grandson. 
 He loved it!




So, I'm looking forward to the new year 
and what it may bring...

I am wishing all of you a very happy,  
healthy, and prosperous new year!

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

3 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Cute baby quilts. I love the needle turned applique. So adorable. Needle turn applique is time consuming but I love the result. I have 4 new blocks done on my civil war quilt. I hope I live long enough to finish it, lol. I am going to make the penguin quilt pattern I got from fat cat this year for Anna for next Christmas. she loves penguins so maybe I will get them both done by 2018. Talk soon, hugs, LJ

Connie said...

Six baby quilts, I am totally impressed!

krishna said...

6 baby quilts!!! you are really a super woman..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com