Monday, June 6, 2016

Just some flowers today...






Some flower pictures from my garden...















Of course,  they are much more spectacular now than when I took these pictures,  but I am too lazy to redo them.   haha  Must be my old age.

My indoor seed starting was so successful this year,  that I am still planting the stuff that I grew.  And that means getting the ground ready to put the plants in.  That is the most work!  I had to buy some compost this year as my compost that I make is not ready yet.  So,  that means hauling these heavy bags of stuff around and then having to incorporate the stuff into the existing soil.  A lot of work!  But I am driven to do this.  I don't know why,  I just have to do it!  I look at the flowers and the combinations and say to myself,  this is all worth it!   I love the flowers and I love the hard work that goes into it.  

It's supposed to be hot today,  85 degrees,  so I will start early today.  I still have some more plants to put in today.  Oh,  and I found 35 gladiolas bulbs that I bought in a weak moment a few months ago,  so now I have to figure out where to put the darn things!  Guess I better get started!

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your yard is gorgeous! I am so happy your shared the fruits of your labor with us. I see you have foxgloves. I love them! Don't get too hot working today.

jerilanders said...

Hi Jean, your garden beds are stunning, and will be even more lush as the summer progresses. I know what you mean about being "driven" to garden. It takes a ton of work, lots of time and effort... and money, but it is worth it. I will enjoy watching your gardens grow and change over the next few weeks. I see you love the cool colors of blues and lavenders, me too.Most of my gardens are thus with the exception of my Native gardens.

Visits With Mary said...

Your flowers are so pretty!! I enjoyed your pictures.

Lady Jane said...

Your hard work is paying off. Everything is looking beautiful. Love, LJ