Friday, June 3, 2016

Gardening Gloves...








I'm ready for another week of gardening...

These are the gloves that I wear
when I do my gardening.
I like the green ones the best.
The blue ones are OK,  but a looser weave
so the dirt gets through and my hands get dirty.
The green ones are a tighter weave,
so not much gets through.
I sometimes have to get the blue ones,
if the hardware store where I buy them,
is out of the green ones.
They will usually order them for me,
but then I have to go back to pick them up.
So that means another trip to the store,
so instead I'll just buy the blue ones.
The gloves do wash up pretty good...
I prewash in the sink to get the worst of the dirt out
and then I put them through the washing machine
and this gets them nice and clean and fresh.
I do not put them in the dryer!
Air dry only!
So now I will go put my clean gloves to good use.


Do you wash your gardening gloves 
or just throw them away?

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

I have a pair I bought at the garden show that I love. Great to weed with cause they fit like a glove, lol... Wish I had kept the card so I knew who the dealer was. I would buy another pair. Hugs, lJ

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of gloves that protect me from the rose thorns and I wash them and air dry. The cheaper pair, I usually wear the fingertips out and just toss them.
Enjoy the weekend.