Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tomorrow I am going to the two thrift stores that I frequent and that makes me happy. One never knows what will turn up in the search. I have several things that I look for when I get there. I collect so many things, it's hard to list them all. One thing I love is the seashell boxes with the velvet linings. A few that I found have been missing a shell here or there but I have been able to fix them and no one would know but me. I collect old dishes with roses or flowers, Wexford glassware, the old peanut butter glasses from Proctor & Gamble, perfume bottles, vanity items, I have stuff to decorate for every holiday, and so much more. What I do is make a quick sweep of the place and if I see something that I might want, I pick it up and hold onto it while I finish looking. When I'm done, I will examine the pieces and then I will reevaluate and decide if I want to purchase or not. I can't wait to see what I turn up tomorrow! I will show my finds when I return.

No comments: