Friday, April 30, 2010

Ode to my trees....

Oh, trees, ye have served me well.....
You cast some shade from the hot sun.....
And made my world a more beautiful place....
I will miss you.....

This tree. a Silver Maple, got a drastic pruning yesterday. It is pressing up against the roof of the shed and so the tree man said we should try this first. The pruning will take some of the weight off the trunk and hopefully it will spring up and away from the shed roof. That hasn't happened so far.....
I had this Maple tree taken down yesterday............
I didn't want to, but it was leaning towards the house and I was afraid that at some point, it may fall onto the house. When the main trunk fell, it split in two pieces lengthwise, and it was rotted out inside for about 6 feet on the base. That verified the fact that it should have been removed and made me feel somewhat better.
In order to get the truck into the backyard, they had to remove some of the fence, so now we need to replace that, as it was rotted out, too. And the truck left some pretty nasty marks in the lawn. Oh, does it ever end? LOL
I should take some pics of the bare yard, but it's dark out now, so maybe next post.....
'Til next time, Love ya, Jean

3 comments:

Barbara said...

They are gorgeous big trees, and and I love this time of year, all budding and coming to life again, have a wonderful month of May, hugs Barbara

kayellen said...

So nice to meet you~~found by sweet Dana's blog:)

Have a beautiful May-Day weekend!

I am digging in the dirt and gardening some this weekend:)

Smiles,
kay ellen

Sandy said...

It is such a gloomy, dreary day here. I decided to take a little "vacation" and search the web. Your wonderful blog helped chase away the blahs.