Thursday, February 17, 2011

A New Project.....

This was a Christmas gift from my Honey (DBF)...
This is a Proxxon Miter saw. It is used for crafting dollhouse miniatures. I am so proud of him because I never even hinted that I wanted one. He figured it out on his own! I was so surprised and happy when I saw it, that I just cried. I love it and I love him for tuning into my needs and wants so well. It is the best tool for getting accurate cuts and it goes from 45 degrees to 45 degrees the other way, and everything in between. It is easy to use and is great for cutting very tiny pieces. Now I can make all kinds of miniatures and have them be straight. It is so much easier using this saw.
Here is an example of some cuts that I made with the saw....
Can you guess what this is?
It's part of the new project that I've been working on.
I won't elaborate because it's a gift to someone very special to me.
I will show my progress after it's finished and presented to the recipient.
Now you know what has been keeping me away from my blog. lol
'Til next time, Love ya, Jean

4 comments:

Brie said...

This is a wonderful tool. I'm sure this will cut your time in half. What a nice gift.

Lady Jane said...

I always knew your honey was a nice guy!!! I am so jealous, I want one of those. I know what your making, but I wont tell, lol... Enjoy your project dear friend.

Barbara said...

Oh nice, I love mine, I bought mine years ago when making the rubber stamps. What is that your making? Have a blesed day, Barbara

Pamela said...

How exciting--such a neat gift! Tried to figure out what it was...no ideas; guess I'll have to come back!