Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Mr. Robin was here...

He was on my lawn on Monday!
I was very happy to see him.
Spring will be here officially tomorrow.
We had some snow here yesterday,
 and it's predicted for tomorrow.
After that,  quite a few days of rain,  maybe! 
I'll just wait and see.




                                        I have another amaryllis blooming.
This one is a beautiful shade of orange.



This one was a brilliant red,  
knock-your-socks-off red!
It bloomed in January.
They are so beautiful!
I have 4 other baby bulbs 
that I grew from seed
 last year that are doing fine.
I forgot to take a picture of them.
It'll be years before they flower.
I can't wait to see what color they are.
I took them from a red plant,  
but I am hoping that they revert 
to some other color.  
We shall see!

So,  the rule of the day and this post is:  
Be patient!
Wait for the flowers to bloom...
Wait for the new bulbs to grow up...
and wait for warmer days, 
 when I will be able to get out there 
and work in my garden.

I will not rush! 
 Time is going by too fast anyway!
Enjoy every moment!

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

1 comment:

Hill Top Post said...

I love the picture of your oh-so-beautiful amaryllis and the lace curtain. You must be patient, for sure, to wait for years before the "baby bulbs" bloom. But, they will be so special because you started them from seed. I would like to see the quilt you are working on.