Thursday, June 21, 2018

Knitting...

I have renewed my interest in knitting...
I learned some basics about 40 or 50 (!) yrs ago...
I had not done anything since then...
My BFF was my inspiration 
when I saw the beautiful sweater 
that she is in the process of making!
Here is a link to her blog and that post...


I realize that I will never be as good 
as she is at knitting,  
but I am enjoying the learning process, 
and trying some new
 and challenging projects.  
These clothes are for my dolls that I collect.  
They are small items 
and go pretty fast when making them.  
I like that. 

I have other interests and need to divide my time 
so that I can work on all of them.
I am so happy to be retired 
so that I can do all these wonderful things... 


Here is a little hat. 
It will have a pompom on top
when I decide on an outfit
and the color to go with it.

I practiced this by making a swatch.

So I made it into a bag for one of the dolls.

I made this for the handle of the bag,
but it was too wide so I made it into a scarf...

This was a real challenge for me...

This is the back...
I'm not sure the skirt is right, 
but I think it looks OK.

I need more practice using double pointed needles...
The instructions said to give a tug
when switching needles.
 I did that, but I guess it was not hard enough.  haha
More practice needed on that part!
Never did that before...


Closeup of the lace down the front of the little dress...
I have been referring to YouTube a lot!
It has helped me tremendously! 
So,  everyone have a lovely day!
'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

3 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful knitting,great artwork!Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean lovely knitting my friend ,it picked it up really well,love the clothes that you have knitted for the doll,she is the best dressed doll around xx

Lady Jane said...

You are doing a bang up job on your knitting. I love the lace on the front of the little cute dress. It wont take you long to catch up to me on knitting, my friend. I wish I had your talent for your amazing gardening ability. You invented the green thumb my dear. love ya, lj