Saturday, November 9, 2019

Another scrappy lap quilt...

Halloween actually turned out okay here. We had the threat of EEE virus and they said if we didn't get a killing frost that would kill the mosquitoes,  Halloween would be cancelled.  We didn't get the frost but, we had rain for a whole week. The rain did let up on Halloween evening for a few hours,  so the kids were out in full force.  Because of the rain,  we didn't do our regular thing with the decorations and all.  It was disappointing for us,  but hopefully we will be able to do it next year.

  
Now that Halloween is over,  I did a little sewing.  I actually made this string quilt a while back.  I didn't like the sashing I had used on it.  I ripped that off  and used a different fabric on it.  I like it now and will see if any of the family wants it or if I'll donate it.  I love making these little lap quilts.  They go pretty fast and I can use up some of my scraps that I get from some of my other sewing projects.  



I love all the bright colors of these Scrappy string quilts.




Somehow,  my stash of fabrics never goes down though,  but I am working on it!  haha

That's it for today,  so...

 'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Scrappy string quilts are my favorites, especially log cabin quilts. And I also agree, the supply of strings seems to only grow and grow.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jean oh sorry you didnt get to celebrate Halloween that virus doesnt sound good.
Oh wow your string quilt is so pretty,well done on your beautiful work xx

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful little quilt! Scrappy string quilts are among my favorites too!

Unknown said...

Realize that relationship marketing can be a key to success in building your business. You may be able to generate potential customers.
Satta King Internet Marketing Tips That Are Easy To Follow Play Bazaar However, not knowing what that customer needs will never lead you to conversion. Understand their needs in order to assist them in a way that will create a buyer through trusted knowledge.

Unknown said...

Consider using Facebook advertising. By paying for Facebook ads, you can reach a larger audience by targeting specific demographics. This can get your Facebook page a lot of attention, and that's important. Try it out for a while and then cancel it if it does not seem to be working. Play Bazaar Handy Information About The World Of Facebook Marketing Satta King