Thursday, December 3, 2020

My Pumpkin House...

 This is my latest crafting project.  It was fun to make it.  It is made from aluminum foil,  masking tape,  and paper towels soaked in white glue.  A lot of the features are made from cardboard and paper egg cartons.  There is no wood in the construction of it, a little in the accessories.  I saw this on a YouTube channel called "Where the Gnomes Live" and could hardly wait to try it.  So here are some pictures...

This is an arbor that is made from layers of cardboard...


The front door and steps with a little fairy...

Mushrooms are made with translucent polymer clay...




Inside showing the fireplace, floor and a basket of firewood...


Stairs and front door inside.


Chimney and side of house. 
It is made with aluminum foil and 
covered with paper towels and egg carton...


Fencing,  wood shed,  apple bucket...


Closeup of wood shed.  
The roof is made with cardboard 
that I peeled the top layer off of...
Stepping stones are torn egg carton...


A shot of the window roof and the front door roof...


The whole thing sits on 4 layers of foam core,
 so it is very light and strong...
On the right side you can see the mail box,
 and the little pond that I made there in the corner.


This was a fun project to do,  and I loved making it!  We used it as our Thanksgiving centerpiece.  I still have to make a little bit of furniture for it.  That will be one of my next projects after the holidays.  For now,  I have to get ready for Christmas!  That's always fun,  too!

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

3 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

What an amazing and fun project! I can only imagine how everyone enjoyed this oh-so-wonderful centerpiece that graced your Thanksgiving table.

Henny Penny said...

That is so pretty! I can't believe how real it all looks. You did a great job!

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks, Ladies! It was fun to make. Now on to the next project, whatever that may be...