Wednesday, November 18, 2020

My moss gardens...

 

I have used my Bonsai dishes that I found on the curb during the summer.  I decided not to make a real Bonsai with a tree because I didn't feel that I had room for them.  I can't leave them outside during the winter,  as it gets too cold her for them.So I had this brilliant idea to fill them with potting mix and put some moss on top.  I guess you could call it a "moss garden".  Anyway,  this is about 3 months after I did this.  I have them inside on my plant stand now and they are doing great!  All the greenery that you see has grown from the moss and the little trees grew on their own also.  I have been watering them every other day and so far they are thriving.  And I keep on getting new little surprises every now and then as new plants pop up.  I bought the little brown one for a little plant that I got from the garden center.  Unfortunately,  I couldn't keep it watered and it succumbed.  I had the little deer and the mushrooms from a fairy garden that my daughter gave to me,  so I just relocated them to their new homes.  I love how they turned out and I hope I can keep them growing until I can put them back outside in the Spring.  









Did I say that I love my little "Moss Gardens"?

Have a happy day! 

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

1 comment:

Jean Tuthill said...

Thank You, Sandra. I have them under lights, so fingers crossed. If they don't make it, I'll plant some more in the Spring.