Thursday, July 26, 2018

My garden today...a panoramic view...

Good morning,  Everyone!
It's amazing that we have been in a drought 
and the perennials are still looking pretty good. 
 I did notice that the flowers are not
 lasting quite as long
 as they would with a normal amount of water.  
I'm trying not to water as much as I used to
 in summers past.  
It has become so expensive over the years,
 with the cost of water and sewage
 rising every year.

The annuals that I planted 
in the Spring have suffered.
The bunnies ate a lot of them 
and the others have not done well at all.
Except for the orange marigolds...
I guess they don't like them very much.  
They loved the yellow ones!

I am thinking that I will forget the annuals
and just use the perennials from now on.
We'll see.
I may have a weak moment 
and succumb to all the pretty flowers 
that I see at the garden centers next Spring! 

For now:  I am content with what I have...
Enjoy the pictures...
and you can make them larger 
by clicking on each one.







So that's it for today.  
It is raining a little bit this morning...
Thank you,  Lord!  And my garden thanks you,  too!
'Til next time,
Love ya,  Jean

4 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Your garden is just adorable!Hugs!

Hill Top Post said...

Your gardens are just lovely. Annuals are definitely more dependent on daily watering than most perennials. I don't do many pots any more, but feel like I must plant zinnias every year. By this time they are definitely beginning to look a bit spent. Yay for the rain! It is such a blessing!

Lady Jane said...

As usual your gardens transcend any words that could be said about them. Truly a place to go after all the work is done and sit and reflect. On a cool day I would be out there with my cup of tea and just feast my eyes. love ya, lj

Jean Tuthill said...

Thank you, Ladies, for your kind comments! I love my garden!