Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Seeds...


The Amaryllis seeds have ripened.  
I've taken them out of the hulls.
As you can see,  the seeds are very large and flat.
I can feel the embryo in the paper thin covering...





I will plant a few of the seeds in a pot for myself.  They will take years to get to flowering stage,  but I am willing to wait.
The majority of them are going to my cousin,  who lives in Florida.  They are a perennial there and do not have to live inside in the winter.  She already has some and would like to add some red ones to the ones that she already has in her garden.  I hope they grow for her!

Just thought you might like to see how this has progressed from the last post I did about the flowers!
'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

 

5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh what fun, to save seeds! I try to save seeds from my annuals because bought seed packets have so few seeds inside. I wish you luck with your seeds!

Hill Top Post said...

I have never had an amaryllis and was surprised when you wrote about the seeds you had saved. I love this beautiful red one and hope all the seeds sprout and grow.

Lady Jane said...

Hi, I didn't realize it takes years to flower. Will they flower quicker in Florida in the ground? love ya, lj

Jean Tuthill said...

Lady Jane... It will take a few years for the bulbs to reach a mature size that is able to flower.

Chip Butter, Thank you!

Lil Red Hen, Thank you!

tya6i said...

One thing Play Bazaar you must think about as a pitcher is the fact that you must watch runners leading off on base. This is especially important when it comes to preventing second base steals and squeeze plays at home. If you can pick off a runner that is trying to get in your head, then you have done your job.Satta King