Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The unexpected...

I bring my plants outdoors for the summer.
I give them plenty of sun,  water,  and fertilizer.
They are supposed to grow a flower inside the bulb.
This flower is supposed to appear 
next winter or spring...
So I was surprised to see it growing 
among the leaves!!!
Three big flowers!
(no one told it,  I guess!)
Love it!!!




Finally put a new background on the blog,  
if you noticed...  haha

Have a great evening...

'Til next time,  Love ya,  Jean

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean ,boy what gorgeous flowers,love the colours,love your new blog look ,hope you have a wonderful week my friend xx

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Shez, I'm glad you are able to comment on my blog again. I guess the "problem" is fixed now, which eases my mind. Thanks for the nice comment. You have a great week as well!

Stacey said...

Jean, amaryllis grows outdoors here in Texas. We have ours in pots but they used to be in the ground. They are wonderful perennials here. ;)

Lady Jane said...

Hi, love the new blog look. Conditions were perfect for the amaryllis this summer. What will happen come winter do you think? Will it bloom? love ya, lj

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks for your comments, Ladies! Stacey, I love them, they are so spectacular! They are not hardy here, so we must overwinter them indoors. Lady Jane, I don't know what will happen. I will mark the pot and watch it to see what happens. Thanks, I'll let you know. Shez, have a great week, too!